Carbon dioxide meter (CO2) that is built around the K30 sensor from SenseAir. The CO2-level is read by DS2450S.
The sensor must be placed indoors. (Outdoor value is always around 400ppm.)
- Co2 sensor for 1wire connection
- Measures 0-5000ppm
- The sensor's accuracy is: ± 30 ppm ± 5% of measured value.
- The sensor is self-calibrating, for more info see the sensor data sheet.
- Requires power supply with +5 V.
- Average power consumption is around 40mA, but when booting the sensor requires 300mA.
- Due to the high initial power consumption, you should place the sensor near a power injector or USB port. Note that not all USB ports can provide enough power to boot the sensor.
- The output signal is linear over 0-5V and corresponds to 0-5000ppm, or 1000ppm per volt.
- The output is connected to input A on the DS2450S.
- To input B on the DS2450S a "status OK" signal from the K30 sensor is connected. This signal should always be around 3.2V.
- To input D on DS2450S the power supply voltage is connected.
- The cable is connected via a screw terminal.
- Dustproof encapsulation is included.
Carbon dioxide concentration is a good measure of how well a room is ventilated. Carbon dioxide concentration should be below 1000ppm.