The new AMP2 comes with up to 60W output power. This means it is one louder! Not only does it have more output power for your speakers, it also provides more power to the Raspberry Pi. This means you can now also power additional components like a display. In addition to that, with its 192kHz/24bit maximum sample rate it is HD audio ready. The new Amp2 is designed to drive a pair of 4-8 Ohm speakers. So practically every passive speaker on the market will work with the Amp2.
The operating voltage range increased to 12-24V which allowed you to use a wider range of power supplies. We’ve heard from a lot of customers that wanted to use their old Laptop power supplies. Often, these provides 19-20V output voltage. With the new Amp2 you can use these now. If you connect 4 Ohm speakers, we still recommend a range of 12-18V.
It powers the Raspberry Pi, there is no need to add an external 5V power supply to the Raspberry Pi.
The Amp2 is designed to work with all speakers or 4-8 Ohm impedance. It supports sample rates from 44.1-192kHz.
If the software you’re using doesn’t provide the Amp2 as an output option, you should use the HiFiBerry DAC+ driver as the Amp2 is basically a DAC+ with an integrated power stage.
- This does not include the external 12-24V power supply (min 3A) that is needed to operate the HiFiBerry Amp2 and the Raspberry Pi. (We recommend our 12V 5A power supply
COMPATIBLE WITH: RASPBERRY PI A+/B+/2B/3B/3B+/4B+/ZERO
- Up to 60W output power
- Capable of driving a pair of 4-8 Ohm speakers
- Fully controllable from the Raspberry Pi
- Sample rates up to 192kHz
- Digital-analog conversion included, no need for external DACs or sound cards
- Digital sound transmission for optimal audio performance•Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B/Zero, no additional cables needed
- Only one 12-24V external power supply needed for both AMP2 and the Raspberry Pi, no need for USB power supply anymore
- No soldering required, the AMP2 is directly mounted on the Raspberry Pi A+/B+/2B/3B in less than a minute