UZB1 is the plain stick without any additional software license. If you want to run the Z-Way software you'll have to purchase a Z-Way Software License.
This USB Stick connects a PC or any other computing platform with USB interface to a wireless Z-Wave network. A controller software compatible to the Sigma Designs Serial API is required to use the functions of the device. This software plus this UZB realize a static controller to manage and use Z-Wave devices of various vendors. This stick works with all certified Z-Wave devices regardless of its vendor or date of origin. The Sigma Designs Serial API specification is available to all owners of a Sigma Designs Z-Wave SDK.
The device implements a virtual serial interface used by the Z-Wave application. Linux and Mac OSX has a built in device driver for the stick and will create a new device named like /dev/cu.usbmodemfa131 (OSX) or /dev/ttyACM0 (Linux). Windows enumerates a new COM device but may require a device driver uzb.inf available below.
Compared to the standard firmware design used by almost all Z-Wave USB Sticks and other Z-Wave Host Interface hardware, the Z-Way firmware offers several extensions and enhancements:
- Backup and recovery function including network topology
- Optimized transmitting queue handling to speed up transmitting process
- Firmware update from the OS level in the field
- Trusted Platform module applying strong encryption
- Extended Wakeup Notification
- Handling to extend battery life time of battery operated devices in the network
More Information and downloads: