Ever wanted to dabble in face and/or speech recognition? Espressif's ESP-EYE is a miniature ESP32-based development board that combines a digital microphone, ESP32 (of course) with 8 MB PSRAM and 4 MB flash, and a 2 megapixel camera. There's a few buttons and LEDs as well for basic control and configuration.
Unlike some boards, this codebase does not require internet connectivity - you don't have to send video or audio data to 'the cloud' - it's all processed on-chip! The built in demo shows off what it can do:
- WiSoC ESP32 dual core Tensilica LX6 processor with WiFi and Bluetooth
- Memory: 8MB PSRAM
- Storage: 4MB Flash
- Camera: 2MP OV2640 Camera
- Audio: MEMS Microphone
- USB: 1 microUSB port for power and programming over serial
- Misc: Reset, boot and function buttons, 2x LEDs
- Dimensions: 41 x 21 mm
- Huuuuge amount of information on http://www.esp32.com/ community forum!
- Don't forget to visit esp32.com for the latest and greatest in ESP32 news, software and gossip!